- Ownership: Ukrtatnafta
- Website: http://www.ukrtatnafta.com/ (Ukrainian)
- Capacity: 18.6 million tons/annum & 372,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refining Depth:
- Atmospheric Distillation,
- AVT-1 – 3,2 million tons per year
- AVT-2 - 3,8 million tons
- AVT-3 - 5 million tons
- AT-4 - 6,6 million tons
- Vacuum distillation
- Fluidised catalytic cracking
- 1 – 720 thousand tons per year
- 2 - 760 thousand tons per year
- Catalytic reforming
- 1 - 320 thousand tons per year
- 2 - 600 thousand tons per year
- 3 - 1,000 thousand tons per year
- Aromatic reforming - 300 thousand tons
- 1 - 700 thousand tons
- 2 - 600 thousand tons
- 3 - 2,800 thousand tons
- Bitumen production - 343 thousand tons
- Lubricating oils production - 362 thousand tons
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Oil is mainly supplied by oil pipelines:
- East-Ukrainian deposits (Poltava, Sumy, Chernihiv region.) - pipeline Gnedintsy - Glinsko-Rozbyshevskaya - Kremenchug;
- From fields in Western Siberia, the Republic of Tatarstan, Kazakhstan - by the Samara - Golovashevka - Kremenchug, Samara - Lisichansk - Kremenchug.
- Some oil is supplied to the plant by rail
- The refinery also processes Azeri crude
- Gasoline, Diesel, Fuel Oil, LPG
- For full details see Kremenchuk Refinery Project
- The refinery is upgrading to meet Euro 4 diesel standards & Euro 5 Gasoline standards
- Diesel Specifications
- Ukrtatnafta has contracted CRI/Criterion Catalyst Company Ltd (Criterion) and Shell Global Solutions Eastern Europe B.V. – to supply Shell reactor internals and Criterion’s latest, most advanced catalyst system.
- The equipment and catalyst system will be utilised to revamp a diesel hydrotreater unit to allow hydrotreating of vacuum gas oil.
- Gasoline Specifications
- The project involves the addition of Prime-G+, naphtha hydrotreating, and DIH isomerization units.The combined naphtha fractions from the two existing fluidized catalytic crackers will be fed to a 610,000 metric ton per year (MTA) Prime-G+ unit, where the product sulfur content will be lowered to 20 ppm.
- The C5-C6 straight-run and catalytic reforming fractions will be processed in a 380,000 MTA hydrotreater, then isomerized in a de-isohexanizer-type isomerization unit to produce an 88 research octane number (RON) light gasoline cut.
- The detailed engineering is performed by Ukrneftekhimproekt based in Kiev.
- 1961 - Construction of refinery begins
- 2010 - Euro 5 Gasoline produced for the first time
- Oil Processing Industry of Ukraine
- Shell supplies licensed equipment and catalysts for unit revamps
- Project Information from Axens
- Orghim Refinery References