- Operator: BG Group
- Country: Norway
- Location: North Sea
- Production start: 2015
- Partners: BG Norge AS 45.00 %, Idemitsu Petroleum Norge AS 25.00 %, RWE Dea Norge AS 10.00 %, Wintershall Norge ASA 20.00 %
- Type: Oil / Gas
- Estimated Reserves: Original Recoverable reserves
- 8.3 million Sm³ oil
- 0.2 billion Sm³ gas
- 0.4 million tonnes NGL
- Production Volume:
- The Knarr field, formerly known as Jordbaer, is located in Norwegian block 34/3 of the North Sea in water depths of approximately 1,320 feet (400 meters).
- Petrojarl Knarr FPSO will have a maximum design production capacity of 63,000 barrels per day (bbls/d)
- Gas is exported to the Far North Liquids And Associated Gas System (Flags) Pipeline via a 101km, 12" export gas pipeline
- Wood Group Kenny: Design package for in field and export pipelines, control systems, risers and umbilicals as well as budget and schedule estimates
- FMC Technologies: Supply of three each of subsea production trees and water injection trees and will also provide six subsea control modules, five wellheads, two manifolds and other related equipment and controls.
- Subsea 7: Engineering, procurement, construction and installation of a 4.5 km flowline bundle containing production, water injection and service lines and controls system, a standalone water injection flowline, flexible riser systems, the static and dynamic umbilicals systems, as well as various subsea structures, associated tie-in spools and GRP protection covers and the connection and testing of the complete subsea architecture.
- KWSubsea: Detailed design of the 101km, 12" export gas pipeline
- 2010 - Wood Group Kenny awarded FEED
- 2011 - FMC awarded subsea equipment contract
- 2011 - Teekay awarded coontract for supply of FPSO
- 2012 - Subsea 7 awarded SURF contract
- 2015 - Production started
- The reservoir lies at a depth of about 3 800 metres and contains oil in Lower Jurassic sandstones of the Cook Formation.
- The production strategy will include pressure maintenance by water injection.
- [http://www.npd.no/en/publications/facts/facts-2012/chapter-11/knarr/ ]
- KWSubsea Subsea References
- Wood Group Kenny awarded front end engineering design for Jordbaer field, Norway
- FMC Technologies Awarded $135 Million Subsea Equipment Contract for BG Norge's Knarr Development
- Teekay Awarded Contract for Knarr FPSO Project
- Subsea 7 S.A. awarded contract offshore Norway
- BG Group produces first oil from the Knarr field in Norway