- The project is currently on hold
- Ownership: Petrojam
- Website: http://www.petrojam.com/
- Wiki Page: Petrojam Refinery
- Location: Kingston, Jamaica
- Before: 1.76 million tons/annum & 35,500 bbl/day
- Before: 2,50 million tons/annum & 50,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Project Stage:
- Expected Completion: 2012
- Project Type:
- Project Summary:
- Upgrade of the refinery's crude capacity from 36 kbbls/day to 50 kbbls/day (39% increase).
- Installation of a new catalytic reforming unit with capacity of 7,500 bbls/day.
- Installation of a new desulphurisation facility to reduce the sulphur content in diesel oil from 5,000 ppm to approximately 15 ppm.
- Installation of a new vacuum tower (nominal capacity 30kbbls/day) to produce vacuum gas oil for export.
- Installation of a Delayed Coker Unit (15 kbbls/day) for the conversion of the vacuum residue into higher quality products such as gasoline, jet fuel and diesel.
- Main Contractors
- Vacuum Distillation Unit
- CCR Reformer
- Delayed Coker
- Diesel Hydrotreater
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The refinery will be able to use Heavy Venezuelan Crude
- The project will enable production of ultra low sulphur diesel and gasoline as well as petrocoke
- 2006 - UOP licensed a diesel Unionfining™ unit
- 2009 - EIA report published
- 2011 - Project postponed due to cost