- Ownership: Khartoum Refinery Company, CNPC
- Website: http://www.krcsd.com/English/Index.asp http://www.cnpc.com.cn/en/
- Location: Located 70 kilometers north of Khartoum
- Capacity: 5.0 million tons/annum & 100.000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- atmospheric distillation, heavy oil catalytic cracking, catalytic reforming, diesel hydrofining, aviation kerosene, gasoline-diesel mixed hydrofining and continuous reforming units in addition to the first delayed coker in the world for high-calcium acid crude.
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Local Sudan crude
- gasoline, diesel fuel, aviation kerosene, LPG, wax oil, petroleum coke.
- There is a plan to double the capacity of the refinery to 200,000 bpd
- with a light oil yield over 70% and a comprehensive commercial refining rate up to 92%. Since its start, the plant has helped to greatly ease the fuel crisis in Sudan while exporting more than half of its gasoline production to other countries.
- May 16, 2000 - Khartoum Refinery became operational on with a designed capacity of 2.5 million metric tons per annum and a daily crude run of 50,000 barrels.
- August 2003 - The extension project of the refinery started
- June 30, 2006 -The project was completed , boosting the crude processing capacity to 5 million metric tons per annum and the daily crude run to 100,000 barrels.
- CNPC Refinery Info
- Sudan Khartoum Refinery Expansion Project
- Sudan and China discuss expansion of Khartoum refinery