- This project has been Cancelled
- Ownership: KeySpan / BG Group
- Location: Providence, Rhode Island.
- Capacity: million tons/annum
- Status: Cancelled
- The project involved adding a ship berth in the Providence River east of its existing peak shaving storage facility and sought to add a terminal that would receive more than 500 million cubic feet of gas per day of imported LNG.
- The upgrade would allow KeySpan LNG to convert the LNG terminal to a facility capable of receiving marine deliveries and to augment the facility's existing vaporization system.
- Storage capacity:
- Unloading capacity:
- Send out capacity:
Ongoing Projects/Project Status
- The project has been Cancelled
Suppliers / Customers
- 2002 - Keyspan Acquires Algonquin LNG
- 2004 - Notice of Intent To Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement
- 2006 - The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission affirmed its decision to reject the project
- DYWIDAG LNG Tank References
- Keyspan Acquires Algonquin LNG
- FERC affirms its approval of Weaver's Cove LNG; Stands by its rejection of Keyspan LNG in Providence
- KeySpan LNG, L.P.; Notice of Intent To Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Keyspan LNG Upgrade Project