- Operator: Petrochina
- Country: China
- Production start:
- Type: Oil / Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- Kela-2 Gas Field is located in Baicheng County of Akesu Prefecture in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.
- It is geologically at the east section of Kelasu structural belt, Kuche Depression, in the Tarim Basin, with a gas-bearing area of 48.1 square kilometers and 284.029 billion cubic meters of proven gas in place.
- Gas is supplied to the West East Gas Pipeline
- Aura: 2x6700kW (2x23 MBtu/h) (Gas fired) heaters
- 1997 - Kela 2 Gas Field discovered
- 2003 - Construction started
- 2004 - Gas production started
- 2006 - Second processing plant commissioned
- Kela-2 Gas Field is of high-steep structure with its massive gas reservoirs buried at a depth of 3,500-4,100 meters.
- The gas is accumulated in Lower Tertiary dolomite, Lower Tertiary glutenite and Cretaceous sandstone formations.
- The gas field has a reservoir pressure of 74.35 MPa, a pressure coefficient of 2.02, methane content of more than 98%, and minimal H2S and CO2 contents.