- Source: Kazakhstan
- Destination: China
- Ownership: KazTransGas
- Website: http://www.kaztransgas.kz/
- Length: 1,475 kilometres ( miles)
- Capacity: 40 Billion Cubic Metres per Annum
- Status: Under Construction
- Under the Project for construction of the gas pipeline Kazakhstan-China, the NC KazMunayGas signed the agreement for co-financing of the development of the financial feasibility study (FFS) with the Chinese National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) in Beijing on 31 August, 2005. The parties set forth that FFS will be developed by a consortium of engineering companies represented by Kazakh Petroleum and Gas Institute on behalf of Kazakhstan and the PetroChina Central Planning Institute (CPPEI) representing Chinese party.
- The project consists of two sections. The first is from Shymken to Bozoi, with a length of 1,164 km and an initial transmission capacity of 6 billion cubic meters per year, operational at the end of 2012.
- The second section comprises a 311-km line connecting Bozoi with Beyneu and work on it will involve building compressor stations, which will have a transmission capacity of 10 billion-15 billion cubic meters per year, CNPC said.