- Country: Venezuela
- Production start:
- Partners: PDVSA 60%, Rosneft, Gazprom Neft, Lukoil, TNK-BP and Surgutneftegaz 40%
- Type: Oil / Gas
- Estimated Reserves: OIP - 8.5 billion tonnes
- Production Volume:
- The geological reserves at the Junin-6 block are 52.6 billion barrels of oil, with 10.96 billion barrels recoverable. The block covers an area of 447.85 sq. km.
- Total development costs for Junin-6 are estimated at nearly $25 billion.
- The treatment system and oil production will be modular, developed in two (02) Trains of 60 MBPD and three (03) Trains of 120 MBPD in order to achieve a total production capacity of 480 MBPD of extra-heavy crude oil.
- Crude is currently produced at Junin-6 at three wells. The joint venture plans to increase production to 20,000 barrels a day by the end of 2012 and subsequently to 50,000 barrels a day by mid-2013. Oil production is expected to peak at 450,000 barrels a day
- Technip: Conceptual engineering for collecting extra heavy oil production
- 2009 - JV created to exploit the field
- 2010 - The Board of Directors of NOC selected Gazprom Neft to lead project coordination on the Russian side
- 2012 - First Oil Ceremony at Junin-6 Block in
- 2014 - Rosneft acquired Lukoil's stake
- 2015 - Record breaking horizontal well drilled
- Technip Venezuela References
- Venezuela and Russia to create Joint Venture for project in block Junín 6
- Rosneft President Igor Sechin Takes Part in First Oil Ceremony at Junin-6 Block in Venezuela
- Oil Production Starts at the Junin-6 Block in Venezuela
- Rosneft Increases its Stake in the National Oil Consortium to 80% of Shares
- Rosneft and PDVSA Signed a Memorandum on Development of Priority Projects
- Rosneft Drills a Record-breaking Well in Venezuela