- Operator: Exxon
- Country: USA
- Location: Gulf of Mexico
- Production start:
- Partners: Statoil
- Type: Oil
- Estimated Reserves: six billion barrels of resource in place
- Production Volume:
- The Julia field comprises five leases in the ultra-deepwater Walker Ridge area of the Gulf of Mexico, 265 miles southwest of New Orleans. The blocks are WR-584, WR-627, WR-628, WR-540 and WR-583.
- Julia is one of the first large oil discoveries in the ultra-deepwater frontier of the Gulf of Mexico
- The Julia Phase I project is a subsea tie-back to the Jack & St. Malo production facility and the scope includes six subsea wells, one six-slot manifold, two umbilicals, six jumpers, two flowlines with two steel catenary risers, two subsea pump modules and topsides support equipment. Production will flow through two 10-inch production flowlines with subsea single-phase boost pumps.
- The initial development phase is designed for daily production of 34,000 barrels of oil
- FMC Technologies: Supply of six subsea trees, a manifold and associated tie-in equipment.
- Oceaneering: Supply of an electro-hydraulic, steel tube umbilical approximately 14 miles (22.5 kilometers) in length
- McDermott: Engineering, procurement and construction of the jumpers, four suction piles associated with the manifold, subsea pump, pump transformer and Subsea Distribution Unit /Umbilical Termination Assembly, as well as the transportation and installation of the manifold, suction piles, flying leads, subsea pump system, the power and control umbilicals and SDU/UTAs.
- Nexans: Manufacture and supply an integrated power umbilical solution and associated termination hardware
- Jumbo: Transportation of Subsea Modules
- 2007 - Julia Oil Field discovered
- 2013 - Development project sanctioned by partners
- ExxonMobil to Develop Julia Oil Field in the Gulf of Mexico
- Statoil sanctions the Julia field development in the Gulf of Mexico
- FMC Technologies Receives Subsea Equipment Order for ExxonMobil's Julia Development
- Oceaneering Announces Umbilical Contract for the ExxonMobil Julia Project
- McDermott to Install Umbilicals & Subsea Equipment in Deepwater Gulf of Mexico Walker Ridge Field Development
- Nexans wins power umbilical contract from OneSubsea for ExxonMobil’s Julia oil field project in deepwater Gulf of Mexico
- Jumbo Vision Transports Subsea Modules For Julia Project Gulf Of Mexico