- Operator: Shell
- Country: UK
- Location: Southern North Sea
- Production start: 1971
- Partners: Esso
- Type: Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The Indefatigable gas field lies 75km in the Southern North Sea and was discovered in 1966 by Amoco. Two blocks are owned by Shell/Esso and two are owned by Perenco.
- The Shell/Esso block comprises 26 Wells, 6 Platforms and 5 Pipelines. The fixed steel platforms are known as Juliet-D, Juliet-P, Kilo, Lima, Mike and November. The Juliet group has two bridge-linked platforms whilst the others are single platforms.
- The Juliet, Kilo and Lima platforms in the Indefatigable field were installed over a period from 1970 to 1977. They were originally manned platforms that were converted to “not normally manned” platforms with limited facilities in the 1980’s.
- Glycol dehydration facilities on the Juliet and Kilo platforms were decommissioned but were left in place. The last time the platform wells were visited by drilling rigs were in 1992, 1988 and 1992 for Juliet, Kilo and Lima respectively.
- Mike and November were designed as “not normally manned” platforms and installed in 1985 and 1987 respectively. The platform wells were drilled by jack-up rigs in 1985/86 and 1987/88 respectively.
- Gas is transported to the Bacton Gas Plant
- Wilson Walton: Jacket New Build
- BARMAC/Carlton Leslie: Indefatigable Modules construction
- Stolt Offshore: Indefatigable 49/18
- Saipem: Pipeline installation in the SE Indefatigable Field
- 1971 - Government approves development
- 1988 - Inde South West development approved
- 2003 - Perenco acquired BPs stake
- 2005 - Production ceased
- 2008 - AF Gruppen awarded decommissioning contract
- 2010 - Veolia Environmental Services awarded dismantling contract
- Indefatigable Gas Field, Shell
- List Of Oil and Gas Production Platforms In The UK
- UK Oil and Gas Fields by Approval Date
- International Protective Coatings Platform References
- FoundOcean Europe Subsea References
- Saipem Pipeline References
- BP To Sell Southern North Sea Gas Package To Perenco
- Decommissioning win brings new jobs to North Tyneside
- Offshore decommissioning contract in the British sector of the North Sea