- Operator: Sonatrach
- Country: Algeria
- Location: Sahara desert
- Production start: 2006
- Partners: BP, Sonatrach and Statoil
- Type: Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume: 9 billion cubic metres per year
- In Amenas is a gas and condensate development project centred on four fields located in eastern Algeria some 1,200 km from the coast towards the Libyan border.
- The In Amenas gas project came on stream in June 2006
- Production capacity is 9 billion cubic metres per year.
- Operatorship is shared between BP, Sonatrach and Statoil in a joint venture.
- The compression project to maintain plateau production was awarded in May 2011.
- JGC/KBR joint venture: Design, procurement, construction and commissioning services for a natural gas processing plant with a throughput of 1,050 mmscfd, offsite utilities, three pipelines, and related infrastructure
- Petrofac: Consultancy, design and procurement services for development programme to augment hydrocarbon production
- 1998 - The production-sharing contract was originally signed by Amoco
- 2002 - JGC/KBR joint venture awarded natural gas processing plant contract
- 2003 - Statoil acquired a stake from BP
- 2006 - First gas production
- 2011 - JGC awarded compression contract
- 2013 - Petrofac awarded consultancy contract
- 2013 - An armed group took hostages at the site
- JGC Oil And Gas Processing References
- JGC Selected for In Amenas Natural Gas Development Project in Algeria
- Acquiring gas assets in Algeria(VEDLEGG)
- Petrofac Awarded Services Contract in Algeria
- Statement on incident at In Amenas, Algeria