- Product Type: Intermediary
- Source: Vacuum Distillation Column
- Specific Gravity: 0.90
- Usage: Further processed in either FCC or Hydrocracker to produce Gasoline or Gas Oil.
- Production: HVGO (Heavy Vacuum Gas Oil) is produced by the Vacuum Distillation Unit, through the separation of the heavest fraction from the atmospheric distillation column. It is a heavy and viscous product and is only used as an intermediary.
There are two main uses of the product:
- Gasoline Production. The Fluidised Catalytic Cracker is a refining unit that cracks the HVGO in the presence of a catalyst, to produce a gasoline rich mix of products.
- Diesel / Kerosene Production. The Hydrocracker is a refining unit that cracks the HVGO using hydrogen, to produce a mixture of products rich in middle distillates.