- Ownership: Lyondell Basell
- Website: http://www.lyondellbasell.com/
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Capacity: 13.4 million tons/annum & 268,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Crude Distillation Unit
- Vacuum Distillation Unit
- Diesel Desulphurisation
- Gasoline Hydrotreating
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The Refinery is a full conversion refinery designed to run heavy (16 to 18 degrees API), high sulfur crude oil.
- Most of the crude oil used as a raw material for the Refinery is purchased under a crude supply agreement with PDVSA Petróleo, S.A. (“PDVSA Oil”), an affiliate of Petróleos de Venezulea, S.A. (“PDVSA”), the national oil company of Venezuela.
- gasoline (including blendstocks for oxygenate blending), jet fuel, heating oil, ultra low sulfur diesel fuel, coke and sulfur
- The Houston refinery was one of the first petroleum refineries constructed on the Houston Ship Channel and traces its origin to 1918.
- The initial plant was operated by Sinclair Refining and later by Atlantic Richfield Company (ARCO).
- 1993 - Lyondell-Citgo Refining LP was formed
- 2006 - PDVSA announced plans to sell the refinery
- 2006 - LyondellBasell reacquired full ownership of the plant and the refinery, operating as Houston Refining LP, is now a wholly owned subsidiary of LyondellBasell.
- Refinery Webpage
- Management Report for the Year Ended December 31, 2007
- Lyondell-Citgo Houston Refinery Offered for Sale