- Ownership: Energy Transfer Partners
- Website: http://www.energytransfer.com/
- Length: kilometres (3,900 miles)
- Capacity: 5.3 Bcf per day
- Status: Operating
- The HPL System is an extensive network of intrastate natural gas pipelines and underground Bammel storage reservoir and related transportation assets.
- The system has access to multiple sources of historically significant natural gas supply reserves from South Texas, the Gulf Coast of Texas, East Texas and the western Gulf of Mexico, and is directly connected to major gas distribution, electric and industrial load centers in Houston, Corpus Christi, Texas City and other cities located along the Gulf Coast of Texas.
- The HPL System is well situated to gather and transport gas in many of the major gas producing areas in Texas including the strong presence in the key Houston Ship Channel and Katy Hub markets, allowing us to play an important role in the Texas natural gas markets.
- The HPL System also offers its shippers off-system opportunities due to its numerous interconnections with other pipeline systems, its direct access to multiple market hubs at Katy, the Houston Ship Channel and Agua Dulce, and the Bammel storage facility.
- 2014 - Extension project launched to export gas to Mexico
- Intrastate transportation and storage
- Energy Transfer Partners Announces Long-Term Agreements with Comisión Federal De Electricidad to Provide Natural Gas Transportation Service to Mexico