- Source: Houma, Louisiana, USA
- Destination: Houston, Texas, USA
- Ownership: Shell Pipelines
- Website: Shell Pipelines
- Length: kilometres (350 miles)
- Capacity: 620,000 barrels of oil per day
- Crude Type: Various Louisiana Crudes
- The Houma-to-Houston (“Ho-Ho”) System is owned and operated by SPLC and is comprised of over 350 miles of pipe in two main flow patterns originating at Clovelly and Houma, LA:
- North: 18” to St. James, LA (260kbpd capacity).
- West: 22” system to Port Arthur area (360kbpd capacity) and 20” to Houston (250kbpd capacity).
- The West system has multiple delivery points:
- Access to 15+ delivery points serving major Gulf Coast refineries and access to storage facilities Houma and Erath, LA, and in the Nederland-area and Houston-area, TX.
- In operation
- The project would reverse SPLC’s current pipeline facilities that transport crude petroleum westbound from Houma to Houston, to transport crude petroleum eastward from Houston to Houma via eastern Texas to the Louisiana refinery markets (“Ho-Ho Reversal”).
- The proposed Ho-Ho Reversal would provide much-needed alternatives to shippers seeking access to markets for swelling North American sweet, light crudes now entering the Houston market. Houston refiners tend to “prefer” heavier sour crude types while Louisiana refineries “prefer” sweeter, lighter crude types currently supplied by imports and declining production in the Gulf.
- The Louisiana appetite for new sweet crude production from West Texas and elsewhere is currently provided by barge. The proposed Ho-Ho Reversal would provide shippers and refiners with a pipeline alternative.
- This new supply is expected to displace imported crude supplies into this market, increasing the percentage of North American crude being refined in the Gulf Coast.
- The project is expected to be finished in 2013
- 2012 - Shell launches reversal project
- The Ho-Ho Reversal Project Proposal
- Information Memorandum & Binding Open Season Notice
- Houma-To-Houston Reversal Project Open Season Extended
- Shell Pipeline Houma-To-Houston Reversal Open Season Successful
- Shell Pipeline Houma-To-Houston Reversal Project Progressing