- Ownership: Homs Refinery Company (Syrian State Petrol Company)
- Website: http://www.homsrefinery.com/
- Location: located 7 km west of Homs City on the international high way to Lebanon
- Capacity: 5.7 million tons/annum & 120,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Atmospheric distillation units 10 - 21 - 22 - 100
- Vacuum distillation units 19 -19A - 103
- Delayed coker unit 11
- Naphtha Catalyst reforming of Gasoline unit 200 .
- Vapor recovery unit 12.
- Kerosene hydro treating unit 13.
- Coker - gas oil hydro treating unit 14.
- Heavy Coker gas oil hydro treating , unit 15.
- Sour gas amine treating unit 16.
- Hydrogen production plant , unit 17.
- Sulphur recovery , unit 18.
- Sour water stripper , unit 24.
- Naphtha hydro treating , unit 400.
- Continuous reforming Gasoline , unit 500.
- Kerosene/ Gas oil hydrotreating , unit 600.
- Light naphtha isomerization, unit 210.
- CCR Naphtha Reforming Unit
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Light and Heavy Syrian Crude Oil
- Fuel Oil
- Liquid Asphalt
- Gas Oil
- Domestic Kerosine
- The contract to upgrade Crude Oil Atmospheric and Vacuum Distillation units of Syria’s Homs Refinery has been assigned to Iran Itok Co by Syrian Homs Refinery Co. (HRC) in 2010
- This will enable the refinery to process both Syrian heavy and light crude oil.
- Homs Refinery Company HRC , the first refinery in Syria, came into operation in 1959 with a capacity of 1 million ton/ year of light Iraqian crude oil to satisfy the local market demands of petroleum derivatives and export the excess . It was consisting of one Atmospheric Distillation Unit ( ADU ) - U-100 , a fixed catalytic Reformer Unit , an Asphalt Unit , some other related offsite Units , Nitrogen Unit , and Power Plant .
- In 1969 , HRC experienced its first expansion; ( U100 ) was revamped to process 1.7 M. MT/Y , and a new ADU U-10 of one M. MT/Y was also erected ,so the total capacity became 2.7M. MT/Y of crude oil . In addition to U-10 , a Delayed Coker Unit , a Gas Recovery Unit , an Acid Gas Treating Unit ,a Sulfur Recovery Unit , three Hydrodesulphurization Units for Kerosene , Gas Oil , Heavy Gas Oil and a Power Plant was erected .
- In 1974 , a third ADU of 1 M. MT/Y capacity U-22 was added to the existing units of the Refinery , together with a Lube Oil blending plant . So the total capacity became 3,7 M. MT/Y .
- In 1976 , a fourth ADU of 1.7 M. MT/Y capacity U-21 was erected to rise the capacity to 5.4 M. MT/Y of crude oil .
- In 1978 , the first initial ADU ( U- 100 ) had experienced a further revamp to process a total of 2 M. MT/Y of crude oil ; this state had allowed HRC to achieve its nowadays maximal distillation capacity of 5.7 M. MT/Y of crude oil.
- In 1989 , several new additional units were commissioned aiming at improve the specifications of the products; Naphtha Hydro treating Unit , Gas Oil Hydro treating Unit , Continuous Catalytic Reforming Unit , an Isomerization Unit new sulphur recovery unit , and a new ( Power and Steam ) Plant.
- 2010 - Upgrade launched of the distillation units