- Ownership: ORL
- Website: http://www.orl.co.il/
- Wiki Page: Haifa Refinery
- Location: Haifa, Israel
- Capacity: million tons/annum & bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity: 7.4 / 9
- Project Stage: Commissioning
- Expected Completion: 2012
- Budget: $500 million
- Project Type: Upgrade
- Project Summary: The project involves the addition of a Hydrocracker. Once established, the Hydrocracker is expected to increase the Company's Nelson Complexity Index (NCI), currently 7.4, to over 9.
- Main Contractors:
- Hydrocracker - 25,000 bpd
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The yield of jet fuel and diesel will increase
- 2008 - ORL board approves Hydrocracker project
- 2009 - ORL board approves project at reduced cost
- As part of the financing framework the Company signed an agreement of principles to receive $600 million dollars in financing from a syndicate of local banks, led by Bank Hapoalim.
- Additionally, the US Congress has approved a $300 million backing from Ex-Im Bank, designated for the financing of equipment to be purchased outside of Israel.
- Oil Refineries' Board Approves Establishment Of Hydro-Cracker For $670 Million Investment
- Oil Refineries' Board Reiterates Approval To Establish Hydrocracker At Reduced Cost Of $500 Million
- Hydrocracker Project & CAOL Merger Kicked Off