- Ownership: GS-Caltex (50% Chevron/ 50%GS Holdings)
- Website: http://www.gscaltex.com/
- Capacity: 40 million tons/annum & 790,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- 4 CDU ( Crude Distillation Unit ) 700,000 Bbl/d
- VDU (Vacuum Distillation Unit) 150,000 Bbl/d
- CNSU ( Crude Naphtha Splitting Unit ) 90,000 Bbl/d
- RFCC (Residue Fluidized Catalytic Cracking ) 94,000 Bbl/d
- WCN HTU (RFCC Gasoline Hydrotreater ) 35,000 Bbl/d
- 4 K/D HDS (Kero/Diesel HydroDeSulfurizer) 255,000 Bbl/d
- 4 Reformer 105,800 Bbl/d
- MTBE (Gasoline Oxygenator) 2,500 Bbl/d
- 4 SRU ( Sulfur Recovery Unit ) 630 TON/DAY
- Aromatics 2,800 kTA
- Polypropylene 180 kTA
- Alkylation Unit (Olefin Feed Base) 14,000 Bbl/d
- VGO-Hydrocracker 61,000 Bbl/d
- Lube Oil Plant 21,000 Bbl/d
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- 37 kinds of crude were treated in 2008 (49 kinds of crude treated in 2007).
- The average sulfur and API of imported crude are 1.35 and 36.0 respectively.
- 80% of crude comes from the Middle East
- Gasoline, Diesel, Jet Fuel, Fuel Oil, Sulphur
- See Yeosu Refinery Project
- Construction is progressing on a new heavy-oil hydrocracker designed to increase high-value product yield and to lower feedstock costs. Project completion is expected in the third quarter 2010.
- HOU (Heavy Oil Upgrade) plant, when completed, will enable the refinery to turn Atmospheric Residue from CDU (Crude Distillation Unit) or VR into higher value-added product such as gasoline, kerosene, and naphtha. In addition, the new HOU will maximize its efficiency by using cheap crude oil from high sulfur crude.
- 2007 - GS Caltex completed a $1.5 billion project to build the world's largest vacuum distillation unit in Yeosu, a hydrocracker and base oil plant, which greatly increased GS Caltex's heavy-oil cracking ability. Chevron Lummus Global provided the integrated hydroprocessing unit.
- Refinery Webpage
- Summary File PDF
- Chevron In South Korea
- GS E&C Awarded 750 billion won GS Caltex No.3 HOU
- Chevron Lummus Global Selected by GS-Caltex to Upgrade Yosu Plant