- Operator: Cenovus
- Country: Canada
- Location: Alberta
- Production start:
- Type: Heavy Oil
- Estimated Reserves: Economic contingent resources for the entire Grand Rapids holdings at 1.5 billion barrels / 78 million barrels of probable reserves
- Production Volume:
- Grand Rapids is expected to have production capacity of 180,000 barrels per day (bbls/d) and be developed in multiple phases.
- The Project will use steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) to recover bitumen in three phases, each with a production capacity of 9533 m3/d (60 000 bbl/d)
- The project is anticipated to have a life of 40 years.
- About 3700 well pairs drilled from 200 well pads would be required over the proposed Project’s life
- 2014 - Cenovus received approval from the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER)
- NOTICE OF APPLICATIONS CENOVUS ENERGY INC. PELICAN LAKE GRAND RAPIDS PROJECT
- Cenovus receives approval for Grand Rapids oil sands project