- Source: Fort McMurray
- Destination: Edmonton
- Ownership: TransCanada and Phoenix
- Website: http://www.transcanada.com/
- Length: 500 kilometres ( miles)
- Capacity: barrels of oil per day
- Crude Type:
- A $3-billion pipeline project that includes both a crude oil and a diluent line to transport volumes approximately 500 kilometres between the producing area northwest of Fort McMurray and the Edmonton/Heartland region. The Grand Rapids Pipeline system is expected to be in-service by early 2017, subject to regulatory approvals, with capital spent between 2014 and 2017.
- The system will have the capacity to move up to 900,000 barrels per day of crude oil and 330,000 barrels per day of diluent.
- 2012 - TransCanada announces the project
- 2014 - TransCanada Receives Regulatory Approval for Grand Rapids Pipeline Project
- TransCanada and Phoenix Energy Holdings Ltd. Form Joint Venture to Develop Grand Rapids Pipeline System
- TransCanada Receives Regulatory Approval for Grand Rapids Pipeline Project