- Operator: ENI
- Country: Norway
- Location: Barent Sea north west of Hammerfest
- Production start:
- Partners: Eni - (65%), Statoil - (35%)
- Type: Oil & Gas
- Estimated Reserves: Original Recoverable reserves
- 30.6 million Sm³ oil
- 7.3 billion Sm³ gas
- 0.3 million tonnes NGL
- Production Volume:
- Goliat will be the first Norwegian oil producing field north of the Arctic Circle in the Barents Sea.
- The field is located approximately 85 km northwest of the city of Hammerfest on the Norwegian coast
- Goliat will be developed with a circular FPSO (Sevan 1000) including eight subsea templates with a total of 32 well slots. The subsea templates will be tied back to the FPSO with an integrated storage and loading system.
- The Goliat FPSO will be able to produce more than 100,000 barrels of crude oil per day of oil and 3.9 million standard cubic meters of gas per day. It will also be able to store 1 million barrels of oil. It will be 112 meters of diameter, 75 meters of height (incl. 44m of Hull) and weighing about 52,000 tons
- Aker Solutions: The contract for Goliat FPSO Design Competition FEED
- Engineering, procurement and construction of a complete subsea production system
- Hyundai Heavy Industry: Fabrication of the floating, production, storage and offloading unit (FPSO)
- ABB: Complete package of electrical, automation, instrumentation and telecommunications products and systems for the FPSO
- Technip: Engineering, procurement, construction and installation contract
- Infield pipeline systems, including flexible risers, clad production flowlines complete with direct heating systems, water and gas injection flowlines.
- The contract also comprises the installation of the Company provided subsea production system, including umbilicals, templates and riser bases
- KWSubsea: Goliat Cable Installation - Routing optimisation
- 1997 - The licence was awarded
- 2000 - Goliat Oil And Gas Field discovered
- 2008 - Aker Solutions awarded the contract for Goliat FPSO Design FEED
- 2009 - Aker awarded the contract for supply and installation of the infield pipeline systems
- 2009 - Hyundai Heavy Industry Signs Goliat FPSO Contract
- 2012 - Aker completes manufacture of subsea production system
- The Goliat reservoirs contain oil and thin gas caps in Triassic sandstones of the Kapp Toscana Group (Realgrunnen subgroup) and the Kobbe Formation. The reservoirs lie at a depth of 1 100 – 1 800 metres in a complex and segmented structure.
- Goliat will be produced using water injection as pressure support.
- KWSubsea Subsea References
- Goliat, NPD
- Aker Solutions contract for Eni's Goliat field
- Technip awarded contract for the Goliat field development in Norway
- Hyundai Heavy Industry Signs Goliat FPSO Contract with Eni Norge
- ABB wins $60 million oil and gas order in Norway
- Giant Goliat sail-away
- Appraisal well on Goliat completed
- Goliat to Aibel
- High level of activity at Goliat field