- Ownership: Grupa Lotos
- Website: Grupa Lotos
- Wiki Page: Gdansk Refinery
- Location: Gdansk, Poland
- Before: 6.0 million tons/annum & 120,000 bbl/day
- After: 10.5 million tons/annum & 210,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Project Stage: Completed
- Expected Completion: 2011
- Budget: €1,75 Billion
- Project Type: Expansion & Upgrade
- Project Summary:
- The refinery capacity will expand from 6 million tons per annum to 10.5 million. The project will also enable the refinery to attain a higher level of petroleum conversion so that it can derive more high-margin products from the crude oil that it processes.
- Technip's share of the Project covers the engineering, procurement, and construction of a new 45,000 barrels per stream day mild hydrocracking unit, based on Shell Technology.
- Lurgi's share includes the construction of a hydrogen plant, a crude oil distillation unit as well as a vacuum distillation unit.
- ABB has an EPC contract for a diesel desulfurization (HDS) unit licensed from Chevron Lummus Global.
- UHDE delivered a Basic Engineering and Extended Basic Engineering package for a crude and vacuum distillation unit
- Main Contractors: Technip - Turn Key, Lurgi, ABB, Uhde
- CDU - 90,000 bpd
- Hydrocracker - 45,000 bpd
- Solvent Deasphalting Unit
- Hydrogen Plant - 7 tonnes (metric tonnes) per hour
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The project will have no significant effect on crude supply
- Increased middle distillate yield
- 2008 - Execution of the loan agreement between Grupa LOTOS S.A. and a group of financial institutions
- 2011 - New units commissioned
- The project is financed by a loan of $1.75 Billion, provided by an international consortium of banks.
- ABB wins $130 million refinery order in Poland
- Lurgi Plants for LOTOS S.A.
- Technip awarded contract for loto's refinery in Poland
- Analyst Presentation
- A New Crude Distillation Plant for Grupa LOTOS
- Execution of the loan agreement between Grupa LOTOS S.A. and a group of financial institution and the execution of security agreements related to the loan agreement
- Uhde Downstream Oil And Gas Projects