- Ownership: Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Website: http://www.marathonpetroleum.com/
- List of Marathon Refineries
- Location: Located on the Mississippi River, midway between New Orleans and Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Capacity: 22.0 million tons/annum & 436,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refinery operations include crude fractionation, catalytic cracking, hydrocracking, coking, hydrotreating, reforming, alkylation and sulfur recovery.
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Primarily heavy sour crude oils
- Crude is supplied via the Louisiana Offshore Oil Port (LOOP)
- The product slate is comprised primarily of gasoline and distillate fuels.
- The refinery is connected to the Bengal Oil Products Pipeline
- MPC completed a major $3.9 billion expansion of Garyville in late 2009 which has increased the refinery’s capacity by 208,000 bpd.
- For details see Garyville Refinery Project
- A new project is planned, the Garyville Refinery Residual Oil Upgrade Expansion Project
- 1976 - The Garyville refinery, was the last major grassroots refinery built in the U.S.
- 1999 - Bechtel awarded contract for delayed coker
- 2004 - Air products signs hydrogen contract
- 2006 - The refinery is awarded an ENERGY STAR certificate
- 2009 - In the fourth quarter of 2009, Marathon completed an expansion project, which increased the Garyville refinery's capacity by 180,000 bpd.
- 2014 - Marathon announces plans for a major upgrade
- Refinery Webpage
- ENERGY STAR Plant Profile, Louisiana Refining Division
- Air Products to Supply Motiva and Marathon Refineries with Hydrogen from New Louisiana Production Facility
- MAP Awards Delayed Coker Job To Bechtel Project To Build World´S Largest Two-Drum Coker In Louisiana
- Marathon Petroleum Announces Progress Toward Potential $2.2 Billion To $2.5 Billion Project In Louisiana