- Operator: Shell
- Country: UK
- Location: Central North Sea
- Production start: 1993
- Partners: Esso
- Type: Oil / Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The Gannet complex comprises one fixed drilling and production platform for the Gannet A, B, C, D, E, F and G mature producing fields, located in Blocks 21/25, 21/30, 22/21 and 22/26a in the central North Sea.
- The Gannet complex is situated approximately 180 km east of Aberdeen, 77 km from the UK / Norwegian median line and in a water depth of approximately 95 m (Figure i). It comprises one platform, Gannet Alpha (A).
- Gannet A is a four-legged lifted steel jacket offshore drilling, production and accommodation platform located in Block 21/25. Gannet A is also the host platform for the Gannet B, C, D, E, F and G subsea satellite tie-backs. Gas injection for the subsea satellite tie-backs is also controlled from Gannet A.
- Processed oil is exported through an infield pipeline to Fulmar. Gas from the Gannet field is exported through an infield pipeline into the Fulmar Gas Pipeline to the SEGAL St Fergus Gas Processing Terminal.
- RGC Offshore: Gannet production platform construction
- Technip: Engineering, procurement, installation and construction contract for the Gannet F Reinstatement project
- 1973 - Gannet Oil And Gas Field discovered
- 1989 - Original Project development approved by UK Government
- 1993 - Production started
- 1996 - E & F Project development approved by UK Government
- 2008 - Shell applied for consent to field re-develop the Gannet A Field
- 2011 - Shell reported a leak from Gannet Alpha platform
- 2013 - Technip awarded a contract for replacement of the Gannet F flowline
- The Gannet cluster comprises a mixture of reservoirs with the A and C fields being oil rim reservoirs with a gas cap, the B field is a gas/condensate reservoir and the D, E, F and G fields all contain unsaturated oil without a gas cap.
- The API gravity across the fields varies from approximately 40o in A, C, D, F and G to 20o in the E field.
- List Of Oil Production Platforms In The UK
- List Of Oil and Gas Production Platforms In The UK
- FoundOcean Subsea References
- Gannet oil leak
- Gannet A Field Production Increase
- Shell Gannet field update: SOSREP announces successful removal of gas from pipeline
- ENVIRONMENTAL STATEMENT GANNET A FIELD PRODUCTION INCREASE
- Technip awarded a contract by Shell for the Gannet field in the North Sea