- Ownership: Freeport LNG
- Dow, Zachry, Osaka Gas,
- Website: http://www.freeportlng.com/
- Location: Quintana Island in Texas
- Capacity: 11.0 million tons/annum
- Status: In Operation
- Storage capacity: Two LNG storage tanks, each with a capacity of 160,000 cubic meters
- Unloading capacity:
- Send out capacity: 1.5 billion cubic feet per day
- Constructor: This project was built by a joint venture between Technip, Zachry Construction Corporation and Saipem.
- 2004 - The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission approved the project
- 2008 - Arrival of the First LNG Cargo at the Freeport LNG Terminal
- 2010 - Liquifaction project announced
- 2010 - Cheinere sold its share in the project
Ongoing Projects/Project Status
- Freeport LNG is developing an expansion of its terminal to enable liquefaction and export of approximately 1.4 billion cubic feet per day of US natural gas in the form of LNG. The terminal will still be able to import LNG if needed for the domestic market.
- See Freeport Lng Export Terminal Project for details
Suppliers / Customers
- Suppliers: LNG is supplied by the Atlantic LNG Terminal in Trinidad and Tobago
- Customers: At Stratton Ridge, the Freeport LNG pipeline connects to the Dow and ConocoPhillips pipeline systems that have multiple outlets for natural gas to flow to customers throughout the state of Texas and beyond.
2003 - Technip awarded EPC contract for the project
2004 - The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission approved the project
2008 - Osaka Gas acquired a stake in the project
2008 - The first cargo arrives at the terminal
- Technip USA Experience
- Saipem LNG References
- New Liquefied Natural Gas Terminal Approved For Freeport, Texas
- Macquarie Energy and Freeport LNG Expansion, L.P. to Jointly Develop U.S. LNG Export Project
- Freeport LNG’s Liquefaction and Export Project
- Arrival of the First LNG Cargo at the Freeport LNG Terminal
- Contract award for the freeport LNG terminal at Quintana, Texas, USA
- Acquisition of Interest in Freeport LNG Receiving Terminal
- Cheniere Energy Agrees to Sell Interest in Freeport LNG Development, L.P.