- Operator: Statoil
- Country: Norway
- Location: northern part of the North Sea
- Production start: 2003
- Partners: Exxon - 25.00 %, GDF SUEZ - 15.00 %, Idemitsu - 15.00 %, Statoil - 45.00 %
- Type: Oil & Gas
- Estimated Reserves: Original
- 30.7 million Sm³ oil
- 8.8 billion Sm³ gas
- 0.6 million tonnes NGL
- Production Volume: 2013
- Oil: 35 000 barrels/day
- Gas: 0.62 billion Sm³
- NGL: 0.04 million tonnes
- Fram is an oil field located in the northern part of the North Sea, about 20 kilometres north of Troll
- The water depth in the area is approximately 350 metres. The field comprises two deposits, Fram Vest and Fram Øst. The Fram Vest deposit is developed by two subsea templates tied back to Troll C.
- The gas is separated from the liquid on Troll C and re-injected into the Fram Vest reservoir. The development of the Fram Øst deposit was approved in April 2005. This development includes two subsea templates tied back to Troll C. .
- The Fram wellstream is transported by pipeline to Troll C for processing.
- The oil is then transported to Mongstad through the Troll Oljerør II pipeline. Gas is exported via Troll A to Kollsnes.
- Fram H-North is a standard subsea template that can accommodate four wells. It is connected by approximately five kilometres of pipeline and umbilicals to the existing subsea template on Fram West A2
- Technip: engineering, fabrication, installation and pre-commissioning of sub sea umbilicals, risers and flowlines, tie-ins, manifold installation for tie-ins from Fram East field to Troll C
- FMC: one subsea production tree, one manifold and one multiphase meter. The Company will also supply an integrated template structure, one umbilical, two wellheads and additional controls and equipment
- Aker Solutions: EPC, 200,000 bpd Electrostatic coalescer
- 1992 - Fram Oil And Gas Field discovered
- 2001 - Development approval granted
- 2003 - First oil produced
- 2005 - Technip awarded contract for tie-ins from Fram East field to Troll C
- 2006 - Production from Fram Øst started in October
- 2012 - FMC Technologies Awarded Contract for Fram H-Nord Development
- 2014 - Fram H-North production begins
- The reservoirs in Fram Vest and Fram Øst consist partly of sandstones in a sub-marine fan system in the Draupne Formation and shallow marine sandstones in the Sognefjord Formation of Late Jurassic age and partly of sandstones in the Brent Group of Middle Jurassic age. The reservoirs are in several isolated, rotated fault blocks and contain oil with an overlying gas cap. The reservoir depth is 2 300 - 2 500 metres. The reservoir in the Fram Vest deposit is complex, while the reservoirs in the Fram Øst deposit are generally of good quality.
- Fram, NPD
- Aker Solutions Oil And Gas Processing References
- Technip awarded two contracts by Norsk Hydro for the Fram East and Vilje projects in Norway
- FMC Technologies Awarded $70 Million Subsea Production System Contract for Statoil's Fram H-Nord Development
- New Fram field yields 10 million barrels
- Fram H-North and Svalin C production begins