- Source: Offshore North Sea Fields
- Destination: Hound Point, Scotland
- Ownership: BP
- Website: https://www.icmmed0ty.com/fps/home.asp
- Length: kilometres ( miles)
- Capacity: 1 Million barrels of oil per day
- Crude Type: Forties Blend Crude Oil
- FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend Crude Oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth.
- The system carries around 40 percent of the UK’s oil production.
- ETPM: Pipeline replacement project
Related Oil Field
- As well as the Forties Oil Field, the pipeline carries oil from the Buchan Oil Field, Buzzard Oil Field, the Kinnoull Oil And Gas Field, Nelson Oil And Gas Field and Scott And Telford Oil And Gas Fields
- The fields of the ETAP project utilise the system, Marnock Oil Field, Egret Oil Field, Heron Oil Field, Machar Oil Field, Monan Oil Field, Mungo Oil Field, Skua Oil Field
- The fields of the Greater Kittiwake area, Kittiwake Oil Field, Goosander Oil Field, Grouse Oil Field, Mallard Oil Field & Gadwall Oil Field utilise the pipeline via a 33 km 10” pipeline to the Forties Unity platform
- The Armada Oil And Gas Field complex, Elgin Franklin Gas Field and Balmoral Oil Field use the system
- Braemar Oil Field
- In operation
- Foster Wheeler was awarded an engineering, procurement and construction management contract in 2011 for an Enhanced Gas Separation Project (EGSP) on the Forties System.
- The project is expected to be completed in 2014
- In the early 90's FPS replaced the original offshore Forties pipeline and made an additional £1 billion speculative investment to establish FPS as a predominantly third party system. This investment funded the oversize of the pipeline from 32-inch to 36-inch, the installation of Forties Unity offshore riser platform, two additional onshore pumping stations, an additional oil stabilization and processing train at Kinneil , an additional crude storage tank at Dalmeny and an additional crude oil loading jetty at Hound Point.
- 2007 - First Oil Export Through The New Kittiwake To Forties Pipeline
- Serimax Pipeline References
- First Oil Export Through The New Kittiwake To Forties Pipeline
- Foster Wheeler Awarded EPCm Contract for BP Exploration’s Enhanced Gas Separation Project in Scotland