- API: 40.3º
- Sulphur Level: 0.56%
- Country: United Kingdom
- Location: North Sea
- Source Fields:
- A light sweet crude oil blend which include the heavier Buzzard Crude Oil
- Forties Blend Crude Oil is made up of oil from 70 fields spread over a large area of the North Sea, the biggest of which is the Buzzard oil field.
- Forties contributes about half of the total UK North Sea production, totaling about 500,000 bbl/d in 2011.
- These various fields contribute condensate, medium-gravity oil, and moderately sour crude.
|C1 to C4||2.86|
- Acidity, 0.09 mg KOH/g
- Nickel, 2 mg/Kg
- Vanadium, 6 mg/Kg
- The crude is supplied by the Forties Pipeline System to BP's terminal at Hound Point. It comes from the Forties Oil Field and other fields in the region