- Country: USA
- Location: Arkansas
- Production start:
- Type: Oil / Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The Fayetteville Shale is a Mississippian-age unconventional gas reservoir located on the Arkansas side of the Arkoma Basin, ranging in thickness from 50 to 550 feet and ranging in depth from 1,500 to 6,500 feet.
- Fayetteville is divided into two main units, Central and Western based on the location of the shale. Fayetteville Central extends from the Arkansas-Oklahoma border to the East of Johnson, Logan and Yell counties. Figure 15 shows the location and area of Fayetteville Central.
- BHP Billiton
- 2011 - BHP Billiton acquired large position from Chesapeake Energy
- Review of Emerging Resources: U.S. Shale Gas and Shale Oil Plays
- BHP Billiton Announces Acquisition Of Chesapeake Energy Corporation's Fayetteville USA, Shale Assets
- Petrohawk Energy Corporation Announces Sale of Fayetteville Shale Interests for $650 Million