- Ownership: Essar Oil
- Website: http://www.essar.com/oil&gas.htm
- Location: Vadinar in Jamnagar, Gujarat, on India's West Coast
- Capacity: 20 million tons/annum & 400.000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity: 11.6
- Refining Depth:
- A large, high complexity refinery capable of producing modern specification fuels
- Atmospheric Distillation
- Delayed Coker Unit
- Amine Wash & Regeneration 400 T/D*
- Visbreaker 1.9
- CCR 0.9
- Naphtha Hydrotreater 1.36
- Diesel Hydrotreater 3.3
- FCCU / UGS 2.9
- Kerosene Treating Unit 0.63
- Gasoline Treating Unit 0.5
- Saturated LPG Treating Unit 0.28
- UNSAT. LPG Treating Unit 0.29
- FCC FGD - Sulphur Recovery Unit 2x220 T/D
- Sour Water Stripper Unit 166 M3/hr
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The refinery uses a range of different crude oils
- Heavy Mangala Crude Oil is supplied through a dedicated heated and insulated pipeline system from the oil fields in India’s western state of Rajasthan.
- Produces middle distillates like aviation turbine fuel, kerosene oil and high-speed diesel, as well as LPG and transport fuels conforming to Euro III and Euro IV product quality standards.
- The majority of current exports are fuel oil which has been displaced in the domestic market by natural gas.
- For details see Vadinar Refinery Project
- Essar Oil is in the process of increasing this refining capacity to 680,000 barrels per day (34 MTPA).
- Post expansion the refinery will have a Nelson Complexity of 12.8 with capability of processing tougher crudes and producing petroleum products of very high quality, meeting Euro V standards.
- The refinery is fully integrated with its own dedicated 120 MW co-generation power plant, port and terminal facilities. It includes rail-car and truck loading facilities and a Single Point Mooring (SPM) capable of handling vessels up to 350, 000 DWT with a marine product dispatch capacity of 14 MTPA.
- 1996 - ABB won a contract for the overall project management in the construction of the entire refinery complex
- 2012 - Expansion project completed
- 2012 - Optimisation increases capacity to 20 million tpa
- Refinery Webpage
- News From Hindu Business
- Essar Oil to further increase Vadinar refinery capacity to 20 million tonnes per annum
- Essar Energy Receives First Mangala Crude Oil to Vadinar Refinery
- ABB wins US$ 500 million oil refinery contract for India
- Essar Energy completes Vadinar refinery expansion
- Essar Oil Completes Vadinar Optimisation Project; Capacity Increased To 20MMTPA