- Ownership: Excelerate Energy L.P., ENARSA S.A. and YPF S.A.
- Location: Puerto Escobar, Argentina
- Capacity: million tons/annum
- Status: Planned
- The year-round facility will accommodate an Excelerate Energy 150,900m³ Energy Bridge Regasification Vessel (EBRV®) receiving and regasifying LNG cargos via conventional LNG carriers utilizing Excelerate Energy’s proven Ship to Ship Transfer (STS) process alongside the jetty.
- Storage capacity: 150,900m³ floating storage
- Unloading capacity:
- Send out capacity: 500 MMcf/d
- Constructor: In addition to providing basic engineering and design support, Excelerate will provide modular equipment and process control components based on its proven GasPort technology.
- Licensor: Excelerate
Ongoing Projects/Project Status
- The Escobar facility is was completed in May 2011
Suppliers / Customers
- Customers: The terminal has direct access to the Buenos Aires region and Argentina’s natural gas grid
- 2010 - Contract signed for facility
- 2011 - Ypf S.A., Enarsa And Excelerate Energy Inaugurate The Opening Of Argentina’s Second LNG Import Facility
- 2011 - Excelerate performs the 200th Ship-to-Ship Transfer of LNG at the facility
- The facility only took nine months to develop from construction start to in-service – on schedule and just in time for the peak winter months. With relatively low capital investment – permit and construct at a fraction of the cost of a traditional onshore LNG terminal
- Excelerate Energy announces the signing of a Term Sheet for a new LNG Import Project at Escobar, Argentina
- Ypf S.A., Enarsa And Excelerate Energy Inaugurate The Opening Of Argentina’s Second LNG Import Facility
- Excelerate Energy Performs 200th Ship-to-Ship Transfer of LNG
- Excelerate Energy Performs 700th Ship-to-Ship Transfer of LNG