- Ownership: Klesch
- Website: http://www.klesch.com/
- Location: Schleswig-Holstein
- Capacity: 4.5 million tons/annum & 90.000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity: 9.6
- CDU, VDU, Hydrocracker, Diesel Desulphurisation
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- 60 percent of the crude oil is handled in the port of Brunsbüttel and then pumped through the tank farm Brunsbüttel 32 kilometers to the plant in Hemmingstedt. Approximately 40 percent of crude oil per year sourced from the local fields and Mittelplate Oil Field.
- Gasoline accounts for about 600,000 tons per year,
- about 1.7 million tonnes of diesel, heating oil and jet fuel,
- about 800,000 tons of heavy fuel oil
- 500,000 tons of petrochemicals and petrochemical precursors.
- consumption accounts for 350,000 tons
- The first processing plant was built in 1940, 1941.
- 2009 - Shell announced that it was looking for a buyer
- 2010 - Shell sold Heide refinery and associated local infrastructure and businesses in Germany to Klesch
- Refinery Webpage
- European oil refineries sold and up for sale
- Klesch to purchase Heide refinery from Shell