- Operator: Centrica
- Country: UK
- Location: Southern North Sea
- Production start: 2012
- Type: Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The Ensign field is a gas field which straddles UKCS Blocks 48/14a and 48/15a.
- It lies approximately 80km from the English coastline and 80km from the UK/Dutch median line.
- Centricadeveloped the Ensign field by the installation of a Not Permanently Attended Installation (“NPAI”) and drilling/completion of three wells. Two wells were existing appraisal wells and the third was a new subsea well, connected to the NPAI by a new 3km production pipeline.
- From the option selection process the only practical export option was to route the fluids from Ensign through a new 24km pipeline to Audrey A platform in Block 49/11.
- At the Audrey A platform the Ensign fluids will be commingled with production fluids from the Audrey fields, before being exported to the ConocoPhillips operated LOGGS platform via an existing 20” pipeline.
- Gas is then exported from LOGGS to the Theddlethorpe Gas terminal via an existing pipeline.
- Heerema: Construction of the 1,100 tonnes Ensign platform
- Seaway Heavy Lifting: Installation of Ensign Minimum Facility Platform
- Subsea 7:
- Engineer, procure, install, tie-in and pre-commission 24km of 10" gas and 2" methanol pipelines - connecting the new un-manned Ensign satellite platform with the existing subsea pipelines at the Audrey ‘A’ platform.
- In addition, Subsea 7 will engineer, procure, install, tie-in and pre-commission 2km of 10” gas pipeline and associated control umbilical connecting the Ensign platform to a new subsea well.
- KWsubsea: 10" Pipeline with 2" piggyback ~ 22km long with 10" pipeline step-out well ~1.8km long
- 1998 - Centrica acquired 19% from PowerGen
- 2011 - Project development approved by DECC
- 2012 - First gas produced
- The Ensign field sands have low permeability and well fracturing techniques are employed to improve recoverability.
- Ensign Field Development Environmental Statement
- UK Oil and Gas Fields by Approval Date
- List Of Oil Production Platforms In The UK
- Seaway Heavy Lifting Oil And Gas References
- KWsubsea Upheaval Buckling And Out Of Straightness Analysis
- Centrica strikes offshore deal
- Subsea 7 S.A. awarded $60 million contract in the North Sea