- The following are engineering and construction companies that work in the field of refining. Some of them handle full projects, whilst others are specialists in particular areas. For information of which companies did which projects, see Construction and Engineering Companies Downstream References
- See also Construction and Engineering Companies LNG References
Global EPC Contractors
- Ambitech is an EPCM established in 1982 in Illinois with operations throughout the United States and - in partnership with IG «Generation» of Ekaterinburg, Russia - in Russia. Their list of engineering services can be found here and their press releases can be found here.
- Axens is a French refining technology company. Their press releases can be found here.
- Bechtel is a world leading engineering, construction, and project management company. They list their major projects here.
- CB&I is a US enginerring company. Their news is here.
- Chiyoda Corporation has constructed numerous plants in Japan and around the world in fields including oil, gas and other energy resources. Their press releases are here.
- Fluor is a FORTUNE 500 company that delivers engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance (EPCM), and project management. They have limited information on projects here.
- Foster Wheeler is a top level contractor from the USA. They very helpfully provide a list of current projects here. Their Press Releases are here.
- GS Engineering & Construction is a top level contractor from South Korea. They don't appear to have a current project list, but their news page is here.
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction is a Korean construction company. Its project list is here.
- JGC offers clients a comprehensive line of project management services. News releases are here.
- KBR is a leading global engineering, construction and services company. There is no project list but news is published here.
- Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) is a technology, engineering, construction and manufacturing company. It is one of the largest and most respected companies in India's private sector.
- Lurgi provides Pre-feasibility through Basic Engineering and License to Turnkey projects. Press releases are listed here.
- M.W. Kellogg Limited is a full service contractor primarily serving the hydrocarbon market with the capability to execute worldscale international projects from conceptual feasibility studies through fixed price turnkey mega-projects. Their project portfolio is here.
- Penspen is a leading independent group of companies providing Studies, Engineering, Project Management, Operations and Maintenance and Integrity services to the Oil and Gas Industry for pipelines, transportation, storage and production facilities, both Onshore and Offshore.
- Propak provides a complete and detailed engineering service to the oil and gas processing industry as well as Shop Fabrication/Modularization and Field Construction, Commissioning and Start Up
- Samsung Engineering is a Korean construction company. They publish a project list here.
- Shaw is a US engineering, construction and technology company. Their press releases are here.
- Sinopec Engineering is a subsidiary of Sinopec and has built most of the recent refineries in China. Its project list is here.
- SK Engineering & Construction is a world leader in the construction of industrial plants.
- Snamprogetti (saipem) is an Italian company highly experienced in refinery construction. There is no project list, but News is published here.
- SOFREGAZ covers all the engineering fields related to natural gas. Its scope of activities encompasses every stage of the gas chain: production and treatment, liquefied natural gas (LNG), transmission compression, underground storage, and pumping stations.
- Technicas Reunidas a leader for engineering and construction in the oil and gas sector from Spain. They have a list of projects on the site, which cannot be linked to due to frames.
- Technip is a French construction and engineering company. There is no project list but news is published here.
- Toyo Engineering is involved in a diverse range of engineering and construction projects. Their refining sector projects are listed here.
- Uhde is one of the world's leading engineering companies in the design and construction of chemical, refining and other industrial plants. Their press releases are here.
- UOP delivers technology to the petroleum refining, gas processing, petrochemical production and major manufacturing industries. Press releases are here.
- Worley Parsons is an Australian engineering and construction company. Their news stream is here.
Local or Regional Contractors
There are a number of companies which predominantly do business in their own country or region.
- AESA is a subsidiary of YPF and provides Engineering, Construction and Services, offering integrated solutions for the operation and maintenance of plants and oilfields. Their list of major projects is here
- Commonwealth Engineering and Construction, LLC, is a full-service engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) company based in Houston, Texas.
- CTCI Corp is the largest integrated engineering and construction firm in Taiwan. There news is here
- Descon Engineering is an engineering, construction and manufacturing company operating in Pakistan and the Middle East. Their news stream is on the home page.
- Intecsa Industrial is a Spanish engineering company working in the oil and gas field, refineries and petrochemical plants, as well as in the power and infrastructures projects
- IPIP S.A. the Engineering and Design Institute for Oil Refineries and Petrochemical Plants is a Romanian company with a large range of capabilities and experience. Their orject list is here
- Jantesa is a Venezuelan EPC contractor.
- Luoyang Petrochemical Engineering Corporation (LPEC) is an engineering firms, which offers full-spectrum of services of basic design, project engineering, project consulting. It is a subsidiary of Sinopec. Its Project list is here
- NAFTOGAZ India, is a Company actively as EPC Contractor involved in Oil & Gas business in the Territory of India.
- JSC "NPP Neftehim" is the Licensor of catalysts and technologies of light naphtha isomerization. NPP Neftehim carries out projects development, catalysts delivery and the author's supervision over the start-up of the unit s.
- Petrojet is an Egyptian Engineering & Construction company with a broad range of regional experience
- Petrolinvest is an engineering company with a long-term experience in design and construction of complex industrial process plants, basically in the domain of Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industry.
- PROKOP ENGINEERING supplys turnkey projects in the construction of industrial plants, especially in the fields of processing crude oil and oil products, gas processing, chemistry and biology.
- Punj Lloyd provides EPC services in Oil & Gas, Process, Civil Infrastructure, and Thermal Power. Their news stream is here
- Shandong Qilu Petrochemical Engineering Co. Ltd is an engineering & construction company specialising in petrochemicals.
- STSI - Integrated technical services Ltd. is a leading company for maintenance, engineering and performance of investment projects in Croatia. Their news stram is here
- Tecna is a South American engineering and construction company. Their project list is here
- TRIPATRA is an integrated Indonesian Energy Company, providing its customer the energy services entails engineering, EPC, O&M and Logistic.
- Toyo India executes medium and large size projects for Chemical Process Industry sector, predominantly for Oil & Gas and Petrochemical.
- OAO VNIPIneft is a Russian company providing Engineering, Project management, Designing and Designer supervision services. Their news stream (in Russian) is here
- CH·IV International provides consulting services to LNG asset developers, regulators, facility owners, operators and lenders.
- GTT (Gaztransport & Technigaz) is a French engineering company whose two main areas of expertise are cargo containment systems (CCS) for LNG carriers and land storage of LNG
Some of the Oil majors also supply technology to refinery projects.
- Chevron supplies a number of proprietry technologies. News from this part of their business is here.
- Cononco Phillips is a supplier of coking technology. The news stream is here.
- Exxon Mobil Research & Engineering licenses a multitude of technologies covering the full range of both fuels and lubes refining.
- Shell Global Solutions offers licences for a wide range of technologies. Key Projects are here, whilst the news stream is here
A number of companies focus on particular niche markets
- Linde Engineering is a division of Linde Group and focuses on plants for the production of hydrogen and synthesis gas, oxygen and olefins as well as plants for natural gas treatment. Their new is here
- Heurtey Petrochem is an international oil and gas engineering group specialising in Process furnaces for refining, petrochemicals and hydrogen production
- Ortloff Engineers, Ltd. is recognized world-wide as a leader in the areas of cryogenic gas liquids recovery, LNG processing, sulfur recovery, and sour gas processing plant design. Their news stream is here
- PROSERNAT is a highly technological engineering company dedicated to marketing of the most advanced gas treatment
- Siirtec Nigi is a leading engineering and contracting company operating internationally in the field of sulphur recovery, acid gas removal, oil and gas processing and environmental clean up. They have a list of projects here
Manufacturers of Pressure vessels and other components
Lists of references from engineering & construction companies
- Conoco Phillips Delayed Cokers
- CTCI LNG Projects
- Engineers India Refining References
- Foster Wheeler Delayed Cokers
- Luoyang Petrochemical Engineering Corporation References
- Saipem Refining References
- Sinopec Engineering References
- Uhde Downstream Oil and Gas Projects