- Ownership: Shell
- Website: http://www.shell.de/
- List of Shell Refineries
- Location: Hamburg
- Capacity: 5.5 million tons/annum & 110.000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Crude Distillation
- Vacuum Distillation
- Catalytic Reformer
- Desulphurisation (Gasoline)
- Desulphurisation (M.Distillate)
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The refinery has a deep water port and is supplied by tankers.
- The range of products includes LPG (propane, butane), gasoline (Super, V-Power race fuel), kerosene, white spirits, kerosene, diesel fuel (V-Power Diesel, Diesel Plus shell), light fuel oil (HEL, Eco-Ultra) , base oil (paraffinic - about 20 varieties, naphthenic - around 20 kinds), wax, heavy products (bunker, heavy fuel oil, HVR, bitumen), and sulfur.
- There is a major restructuring of the Hamburg-Harburg refinery, which is to be converted into a specialized naphthenic specialty oils (NSP) production site
- Through the interconnection with the depots of the Oiltanking Germany GmbH and Vopak Terminal Hamburg GmbH & Co., the refinery has flexibility and can significantly increase export capacity.
- The history of Harburg refinery began in 1929 with the commissioning of a oil refining plant at the site of present-day plant.
- 2009 - Revamp of Fuel Oil Hydrodesulphurisation unit completed
- 2011 - Shell announced that the refinery will close in 2012
- 2013 - Nynas completed the acquisition of the base oil manufacturing plant
- Uhde Downstream Oil And Gas Projects
- Refinery Webpage (German)
- European oil refineries sold and up for sale
- Shell negotiating partial sale of the refinery Harburg
- European Commission approves acquisition of Shell's Harburg refinery assets by Nynas AB of Sweden
- Linde and Nynas conclude hydrogen on-site contract