- Ownership: Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation
- Website: http://www.erl.com.bd/
- Location: Chittagong, Bangladesh
- Capacity: 1.5 million tons/annum & 33,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Eastern Refinery Limited is a small and simple refinery
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- ERL processes mainly two types of crude oil - Arabian Light Crude (ALC) from Saudi Arabia and Murban Crude from Abu Dhabi.
- RG (Refinery Gas), LPG (liquefied petroleum gas), SBP (Special Boiling Point Solvent), MS (Motor Spirit), Naphtha, SKO (Superior Kerosene Oil), MTT (Mineral Turpentine), JP-1, JBO (Jute Batching Oil), HSD (High Speed Diesel), LSDO (Low Sulphur Diesel Oil), LDO (Light Diesel Oil), HSFO (High Sulphur Fuel Oil), LSFO (Low Sulphur Furnace Oil) and Bitumen.
- See Eastern Refinery Limited BMRE Expansion Project
- ERL is studying plans for expansion of its refining facility
- The objective of ERL's BMRF project is to expand the refinery capacity from 1.5 million MTPA to 4.5 million MTPA and produce 90-95 RON Gasoline, maximize HSD, SKO and enhance bitumen products while minimize FO.
- 1968 - Refinery commissioned
- ERL plays a vital role in supplying around 40% of the country’s current petroleum products’ demand and thus maintains stability in the POL Products’ market of the country.