- Operator: Shell
- Country: Norway
- Location: Norwegian Sea
- Production start:
- Partners: A/S Norske Shell 26.20 %, BP Norge AS 18.36 %, Chevron Norge AS 7.56 %, Petoro AS 47.88 %
- Type: Oil
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume: 2012 Estimated
- Oil: 34 000 barrels/day
- Gas: 0.02 billion Sm³
- NGL: 0.06 million tonnes
- Draugen is an oil field in the Norwegian Sea at a water depth of 250 metres. The field has been developed with a concrete fixed facility and integrated topside.
- Stabilised oil is stored in tanks in the base of the facility.
- Two pipelines transport the oil from the facility to a floating loading buoy. The Garn Vest and Rogn Sør deposits have been developed with a total of seven subsea wells connected to the main facility at Draugen.
- The field also has six subsea water injection wells, of these only two are being used.
- The field is produced by pressure maintenance from water injection and aquifer support.
- Kvaerner: Offshore Loading Unit
- Aker Solutions: Engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) contract for a produced water re-injection system
- Stolt Offshore: Draugen Gas Export Pipeline
- Aibel and Linjebygg Offshore:
- Major upgrading to platform to ensure a significant service life extension
- Insulation, scaffolding and surface treatment services to the Draugen platform
- 1984 - Draugen Oil Field discovered
- 1993 - Draugen Oil Field came onstream
- 1997 - BP acquired Statoils 7.56% stake
- 1997 - Chevron acquires 7.56% from Statoil
- 2012 - BP Announces Sale of Interest in Draugen to Shell
- The main reservoir is in sandstones belonging to the Rogn Formation of Late Jurassic age. The field also produces from the Garn Formation of Middle Jurassic age in the western part of the field. The reservoirs lie at a depth of about 1 600 metres and are relatively homogeneous, with good reservoir characteristics.
- Draugen, NPD
- Kvaerner Platform References
- Serimax Europe Pipeline References
- Chevron Acquires Norwegian North Sea Assets In Swap
- BP and Statoil Agree North Sea Asset Exchange
- Aker Solutions awarded EPCI-contract on Draugen for Shell
- Multi-billion six year contract on Draugen
- Aibel enters into partnership with Linjebygg Offshore
- BP Announces Sale of Interest in Draugen to Shell