- Operator: NIOC
- Country: Iran
- Location: offshore Kharg Island
- Production start:
- Type: Oil
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- This field is located under Kharg island and its surrounding waters. It includes offshore and onshore facilities which are known as Dorood 1 & 2. The oil production of this field started in 1964 by the drilling of 18 offshore and 24 onshore wells.
- Today this field has 53 wells and produces 140,000 bbl/day.
- Considering the cumulative production and pressure decline of the Dorood field, an EOR/IOR Project was implemented recently, called Dorood 3 for injecting 120 mmscf/day gas and 250.000 bbls/day sea water for pressure maintenance and improving recovery factor.
- 1964 - First Oil Produced
- 1999 - Total and ENI signed a "buy-back" contract signed with NIOC
- 2002 - Total announces production from the additional oil development