- API: 21.1
- Sulphur Level: 0.10%
- Acid Number: 5.18
- Country: Chad
- Source Fields: Doba Oil Field
|C1 to C4||0.005|
|Naphtha / Gasoline||3.37|
- It has a high calcium content – some 250 parts per million
- The Doba blend of crude oil comes from three oil fields in southern Chad Bolobo, Miandoum and Kome.
- A 625-mile (1,000 km) pipeline from Chad to Cameroon has been constructed to transport the crude through eastern Cameroon to the export terminal facility at Kribi in the Gulf of Guinea.
- ChevronTexaco is a 25 per cent participant in the Chad–Cameroon development project along with ExxonMobil (operator, with 40 percent) and Petronas (35 percent).