- Ownership: Deer Park Refining Ltd (Shell / Pemex)
- Website: http://www.shell.us/
- Location: On the Houston Ship Channel, Texas
- Capacity: 16.5 million tons/annum & 330,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- CDU - 270,000 & 70,000
- VDU - 175,000
- Fluid Catalytic Cracker - 75,000
- Selective Hydrocracker - 67,000
- Alkylation Plant -
- Catalytic Reforming - 69,000
- Delayed Coker - 88,000
- Gas Oil Hydrotreater
- Platformer Unit - 24,000
- Gas Plants
- Sulfur Recovery Unit
- Co-generation Power Plant (150 megawatts
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- More than half of the crude oil processed at the refinery is Maya imported from Mexico. The balance is from Africa, Venezuela and other countries.
- Jet Fuel and Kerosene
- Diesel Fuel and Heating Oil
- Propane and Butane
- #6 Oil
- Chemical Feedstocks:
- Ethane, propane and butane are used in the manufacture of ethylene, a major building block for chemical products. Other products include gas oils, naphthas and reformates.
- Petroleum Coke
- Pipeline shipments of gasoline, diesel, kerosene and jet fuel to East Coast, Midwest, West Texas, Houston area.
- About 20-30,000 barrels a day of gasoline and 5,000 barrels a day of diesel fuel are shipped to Mexico in leased tankers.
- Gasoline also is occasionally shipped to Europe.
- 1929 - Shell builds first refinery on the site
- 1993 - Shell Oil Company and PMI Norteamerica, S.A. de C.V., a subsidiary of Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex), formed a 50-50 joint venture—Deer Park Refining Limited Partnership (DPRLP)
- 2011 - Air Products announced a long-term agreement with Shell for the supply of a significant portion of the hydrogen requirement for the refinery
- Deer Park Website From Shell
- Energy Information Administration, Refinery Capacity 2009
- Air Products Awarded a Hydrogen Supply Agreement in Texas