- Ownership: Tamoil
- Website: http://www.tamoil.com/
- Location: Po valley, Italy
- Capacity: 4.8 million tons/annum & 96,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refining Depth:
- A medium sized medium complexity refinery
- Atmospheric Distillation
- dewaxing plant,
- three plants for desulphurization of middle distillates,
- reforming system for petrol (JRC),
- two plants of isomerisation gasoline,
- selective hydrogenation of cracked gasoline,
- LPG sweetening unit and light naphtha,
- two sulfur plants
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The refinery receives crude oil at the port of Genoa. Crude oil discharged at Genoa for Tamoil is pumped through the Genoa-Ferrera-Cremona Oil Pipeline to a storage plant at Ferrera, and then on to Cremona.
- liquefied petroleum gas, virgin naphtha for petrochemical plants, jet fuel, petrol, diesel oil, gas oil for heating systems and low sulphur fuel oil.
- For Details see Cremona Refinery Upgrade Project
- The refinery was to be upgraded to enable it to utilise heavier crude and to boost middle distillates.
- The upgrade of existing facilities include works to the crude distillation unit, or CDU, and catalytic dewaxing unit, or CDW.
- New construction includes a vacuum distillation unit, or VDU, integrated to the CDU, a new heavy conversion unit, or HCU, a hydrogen manufacturing unit, or HMU, and transforming the visbreaking unit to diesel thermal cracking.
- Environmental approval was given 13th October 2009.
- * The refinery has been closed down and converted into a terminal
- 1965 - Refinery commissioned with 21,000 bpd capacity
- 1982 - Visbreaker unit added
- 1988 - Tamoil acquired the refinery
- 2010 - Closure announced
- 2011 - Refinery closed down
- Refinery Webpage (Italian)
- Environmental approval for upgrade
- Saipem Visbreaking Units
- Saipem Atmospheric Crude Distillation Units
- Saipem Atmospheric Gasoil Desulphurisation
- Saipem Naphtha Treating Units
- Saipem Sulphur Block Units
- The refinery in Cremona will be transformed into a Terminal
- Tamoil has signed an agreement for the permanent closure of the refinery in Cremona