- Ownership: Sempra LNG
- Location: 15 miles north of Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico
- Capacity: 7.6 million tons/annum
- Status: In Operation
- Storage capacity: Two full-containment storage tanks (2 x 160,000 cubic meters)
- Unloading capacity:
- Send out capacity: 1 bcf/d
- Techint SA de CV of Mexico
- Black & Veatch of Kansas City, Mo.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries of Tokyo
- Vinci Construction Grands Projects of France
- Freyssinet: LNG Tank post-tensioning
- 2004 - Sempra LNG announced the signing of a 20-year sales-and-purchase agreement with BP and its Tangguh LNG partners for 500 million cubic feet of natural gas a day.
- 2005 - Sempra LNG announced the award of engineering, construction and procurement contracts for Energía Costa Azul.
- 2005 - Sempra LNG was awarded a 15-year natural gas supply contract by Mexico's state-owned electrical utility, Comisíon Federal de Electricidad (CFE).
- 2008 - the Al Safliya, a 210,000 cubic meter ship, brought the first LNG cargo from Qatar used to successfully cool down the terminal.
Ongoing Projects/Project Status
- For details see Costa Azul Lng Terminal Expansion
- The terminal is being expanded
Suppliers / Customers
- Suppliers: The Tangguh LNG Terminal and Qatar Gas
- Customers: Comisíon Federal de Electricidad
- Freyssinet LNG Tank References
- Energía Costa Azul LNG Terminal
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contract For Mexico LNG Receipt Terminal