Japanese Refiner Cosmo Oil, is the latest company to consider mothballing a refinery.
The Tokyo-based company may close the plant within three to five years, Chairman Keiichiro Okabe said in an interview yesterday, without saying which refinery is being considered..
Like compatriots Nippon Oil, they are victims of the over capacity in Japan.
Japan’s surplus capacity has grown to about 30 percent of the total as fuel demand slumps because consumers have switched to cleaner alternatives and factories have reduced output amid the global recession.
There is still more to come, as Japanese refiners slowly come to terms with their new realities.
- Enppi Refinery Project References
- JGC Refinery References
- Petroleum Oil Refineries In India
- Oil Refining And Refinery Projects In China
- Tecna Refinery References
- Orghim Refinery References
- Vepica Refinery Project References
- Globalstroy Engineering Refinery References
- Kirishi-2 Oil Refinery
- Prokop Engineering Refinery References