- A condensate splitter is a refinery that processes only Natural Gas Condensates. It only consists of distillation and specification improvement units, as condensate has no heavy residual products that need cracking.
- The condensate is usually removed from the natural gas at a processing plant close to the production site, which also removes impurities such as water and sulphur and produces pipeline quality natural gas.
- See also Oil And Gas Processing Plants
Condensate Splitters in Operation
- Dhodak Refinery, Pakistan, 2,500 bpd
- Ras Laffan Refinery, Qatar, 146,000 bpd
- Rayong Refinery, Thailand
- Skikda Condensate Splitter, Algeria, 100,000 bpd
Condensate Splitter Projects
- Persian Gulf Star Bandar Abbas Refinery Project, Iran, 360,000