- Operator: Aera Energy
- Country: USA
- Location: Coalinga, California
- Production start: 1890s
- Type: Oil
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- One of America’s oldest oil fields, Chevron’s Coalinga field began operations in the 1890s.
- Because the heavy crude produced at the field does not flow readily, steam is injected into heavy-oil reservoirs to heat the crude, making it easier to bring to the surface.
- 1887 - Coalinga Oil Field discovered
- 1999 - Aera acquired a stake from Texaco
- 2011 - Solar powered EOR project launched
- Top 100 U S Oil And Gas Fields
- Texaco and Aera Finalize Trade of Selected California Upstream Assets