- Chad is a minor African oil producer. The commissioning of the Chad Cameroon Oil Pipeline in 2003 connected production in this landlocked country to global markets. In 2011, CNPC commissioned the country's first refinery, the N Djamena Refinery
- 2003 - The Bolobo, Miandoum and Kome fields, which began production
- 2005 - The Nya Field, achieved first oil
- 2006 - The Moundouli Field began production
- 2007 - The Maikeri Field began production
- 2007 - CNPC and the Chadian Ministry of Petroleum signed an agreement for the establishment of a joint venture refinery
- 2011 - The N Djamena Refinery Project was commissioned by CNPC
- The Petroleum Sector Management Capacity Building Project in Chad, will strengthen the petroleum resources' management capacity, within environmental, and social sound practices, and establish a framework for private sector investments in the petroleum sector. The components will: 1) strengthen the Government's capacity to manage, and mitigate the impact of the Doba Petroleum Project, - implemented in parallel to the petroleum project in Cameroon - by building the technical capacity to enable legal, financial, and environmental aspects to support project coordination. Training to government staff will be provided, in coordination with that for Cameroon counterparts; likewise, an International Advisory Panel will provide expertise on biophysical impacts, preventive health management, and socioeconomic aspects of petroleum projects. Technical assistance (TA), and logistic support will focus on the engineering monitoring, and evaluation of the Doba oil field area, and along the pipeline, and, include sponsoring for private investments. Infrastructure improvement will include water supply, and sanitation works, and the expansion of health services; 2) build the Government's capacity to manage the development of the petroleum sector, providing legal TA, and training on the implementation of the National Environmental Framework, and on data management on geological information.
- In 2010, total average daily production from seven fields in the Doba Basin was 123,000 barrels (27,000 net) of crude oil.
- The biggest field is Doba Oil Field
- Exxon mobil has been active since 1993
- In 2000, Chevron became a participant in two major projects in Chad, upstream and the pipeline
- CNPC got involved in Chad's oil and gas businesses in 2003
- The Doba blend of crude oil comes from three oil fields in southern Chad Bolobo, Miandoum and Kome.
- The Chad Cameroon Oil Pipeline transports oil some 665 miles (1,070 km), from the Doba oil fields in southern Chad to a floating export facility at Kribi, Cameroon, in the Gulf of Guinea.
- The Chad Crude Pipeline transports oil from from Ronier oilfield to the N Djamena Refinery
- There are no LNG terminals in Chad
- Chad has one refinery, the N Djamena Refinery which was commissioned in 2011, and has a capacity of 20,000 bpd
- World Bank, Petroleum Sector Management Capacity Building Project
- Exxonmobil, Chad Overview
- Chevron, Chad Fact Sheet
- CNPC in Chad