- Ownership: BP
- Website: http://www.bp.com/
- List of BP Refineries
- Location: Valencia, Spain
- Capacity: 5.5 million tons/annum & 110,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity: 9.61
- CDU - 110,000
- VDU - 47,000
- FCC - 30,000
- Delayed Coker
- Diesel Desulphurisation
- Catalytic Reformer - 17,000
- Isomerisation - 11,000
- Alkylation unit - 4,000
- Sulfur-recovery units *2
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- As of 2000, Low-sulfur Nigerian crude makes up 35-40% of the feed. Russian crude provides about 20% of the feed, and Mexico, Libya, and other sources provide the remaining crude.
- Following the additon of a coker, this may have changed.
- The main products obtained in the refinery are petrol, diesel, fuel oils, marine and aviation fuels, kerosene, naphtha, asphalt products and LPG (propane, butane).
- 2000 - Refinery commissioned a new hydrofluoric acid (HF) alkylation unit, employing Phillips Petroleum Co.'s HF alkylation process.
- 2002 - Foster Wheeler Wins clean fuels Project
- 2008 - A delayed coker was commissioned.
- BP Spain
- BP Refineries Table
- Foster Wheeler Wins Upgrade Project From BP Oil for Spanish Refinery
- Foster Wheeler Awarded Front-End Engineering / Design For New Delayed Coking Plant In Spain
- Foster Wheeler Awarded Spanish Delayed Coker Contract By BP
- Imtech References 1998
- Imtech References 2003
- BP Installs Akylation Unit
- Foster Wheeler Iberia wins BP Oil Espana contract for two sulfur-recovery units
- Delayed Coker & Naphtha Pretreatment