- Operator: PDVSA
- Country: Venezuela
- Location: Orinoco Oil Belt
- Production start:
- Partners: Rosneft
- Type: Oil
- Estimated Reserves: 30.6 Billion Barrels
- Production Volume:
- The Carabobo-2 project comprises the Karabobo-2 North and Carabobo-4 West blocks. They are situated in the Orinoco heavy oil belt and have a combined acreage of 342 sq km.
- Operations will cover the whole deposit exploration and development cycle, as well as the construction of surface facilities and field pipelines.
- There are also plans to construct a special processing facility (upgrader) with a capacity of 200,000 barrels a day (10 mln tonnes a year) to bring extracted oil up to commercial quality.
- Commercial oil will be transported for export to the Araya port through a trunk pipeline
- 2007 - Reserves were quantified and certified
- 2011 - Rosneft and PDVSA signed a memorandum of understanding
- 2012 - Rosneft and PDVSA signed a JV agreement
- 30,660 million barrels of standard original oil in place in Block Carabobo 2
- Rosneft Takes an Important Step in Expanding into the Strategic Market of Venezuela
- Rosneft and Venezuelan Corporacion Venezolana del Petroleo Sign Joint Venture Agreement