- Operator: Conocophillips
- Country: UK
- Location: East Irish Sea
- Production start:
- Partners: Conocophillips - 100%
- Type: Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- Calder in the East Irish Sea produces sour gas.
- It was developed with an unmanned platform and three development wells feeding to a producing platform and then through a pipeline to the Rivers Terminal at Barrow-in-Furness, which provides compression, hydrogen sulfide removal and metering.
- Options for developing the additional sour gas fields of Darwen, Crossens and Asland to feed into the Rivers Terminal will be considered once the Calder Field begins to decline.
- 2002 - Government approval granted
- 2004 - First gas produced
- Fact Sheet Europe
- UK Oil and Gas Fields by Approval Date
- List Of Oil Production Platforms In The UK
- Centrica lands first gas from Irish Sea Rivers fields