- Operator: ConocoPhillips
- Country: UK
- Location: 130 miles northeast of Aberdeen
- Production start: 1998
- Partners: ConocoPhillips (58.7%), Chevron (32.3%), Mitsui (9.0%)
- Type: Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The 13,000-ft-deep Britannia field is located in U.K. Continental Shelf Blocks 15/29a, 15/30, 16/26, 16/27a, and 16/27b, 130 miles northeast of Aberdeen in approximately 450 ft of water
- Britannia is one of the largest natural gas and condensate fields in the North Sea.
- The field has two manned platforms, the original Britannia Platform and a smaller Bridge Linked platform added later
- Condensate is delivered through the Forties Pipeline System to the oil stabilization and processing plant, Kerse of Kinneil, near the Grangemouth Refinery in Scotland,
- Natural gas is transported through a dedicated Britannia Gas Pipeline to the Sage St Fergus Gas Processing Terminal at St. Fergus, Scotland.
- Callanish And Brodgar Oil And Gas Fields have been developed as satellites
- Dragados Off-Shore: Construction of Campo Britannia oil platform
- Wilton Engineering: Fabrication of the Long Term Compression (LTC) module
- Mono Column and Compression Module
- Export pipeline T&I
- Foundocean: Grouting for the compression project
- BiFab: Britannia Phase 2 EPC contract for LER
- Heerema Marine Contractors: Britannia Bridge Linked Platform Installation
- Global Maritime: Marine consultants and warranty surveyors
- 1994 - Project development approved by UK Government
- 1998 - Commercial production began
- 2008 - Production started from the BLP
- 2012 - BP Announces Sale of 8.97% Interest in Britannia to Mitsui
- The reservoir contains a retrograde gas/condensate fluid whose composition varies from west to east. The hydrocarbon is richer in the west (condensate/gas ratio of 100 bbl/MMscf) and leaner in the east (condensate/gas ratio of 70 bbl/MMscf).
- An oil rim lies along the southern edge of the reservoir. Although the oil is a good-quality, light but waxy, sweet crude, it is relatively immobile. An aquifer lies under the oil rim.
- The length of the reservoir has five distinct regions, each of which has an aquifer with different water chemistry.
- List Of Oil Production Platforms In The UK
- Saipem Fixed Offshore Production Facilities Project References
- Saipem Europe Pipeline References
- FoundOcean Europe Subsea References
- Global Maritime Pipeline References
- Dragados Off-Shore sends the Campo Britannia jacket, a 21,000 ton oil platform, to the North Sea
- BP Announces Sale of Interests in Alba and Britannia Fields to Mitsui & CO., LTD.
- THE BRITANNIA FIELD DEVELOPMENT
- ConocoPhillips, UK
- Chevron, Partners Celebrate First Production From U.K.'s Britannia Field
- Britannia Operator Limited extends contract with Petrofac
- Wilton Engineering Services wins significant UK North Sea contract